March19-26 Weekly Goals/Scheduling Thread

jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
edited March 2017 in General 315 karma

Hi everyone!

84 Days left until the June LSAT

I was going through some old discussion points and noticed a weekly thread for review.
Feel free to contribute via your schedule/goal for the weekend and don't hesitate to give me pointers on mine!

Keep going! You're doing great :)

Comments

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

I'll start:

• Review/go through latest prep test video explanations
    • Go through 3 sections of a game via Pacifco method
    • Go through trainer's RC
    • PT 42
    • Review necessary assumptions
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

This is a great idea! I was a little confused by the title of your post - maybe add March 19-26th week for June prep?

I am actually taking this week off PTing for RC intensive and finish BR for a few sections. Great idea to keep working on LG, I always keep a stack of LG's to continue fool-proofing every week:)

Curious about your PT schedule taking PT42 with 12 weeks remaining?

edited March 2017 315 karma

It's been a long day. Haha, I don't think I can change it now.
    (Never mind, found a way)
    I started with PT 36 2 weeks ago. Do you think I'm too far behind?

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Being prepared for test day is an individual decision:)
    It depends on your target score and what you are currently PTing. First question I would ask - how many PTs are you taking a week to get from 36 to 42 in two weeks - that would be approximately 4 PTs a week which is not optimal to provide opportunities to learn from your practice tests and really understand the concepts on the test.
    Given what you have said about your progress, please think about postponing until Sept. You're PT schedule if you scale it back and really learn from the BR process would put you in prime position to take Sep or even Dec. It appears that your are being methodical working thru the PTs but just taking PTs doesn't always equate to gaining knowledge:)
    Look forward to hearing more about your study plan and goals!

315 karma

Hey @twssmith

I took Pt's every other day until I learned that I will not improve/I shouldn't do that.

My first PT after CC was 161 and I haven't really improved since then (I basically wasted 5 PT's). I PT'd 41 today and got 161, and reached my highest blind review was at 167 (I should've circled a couple more LG/RCs). My goal right now is to push that BR score up to 175+ by early April. I plan on taking 1 PT a week until my BR gets up to 175+. I'm also spending about 4-5 hours a day reviewing CC and doing trainer drills.

Honestly, I've been following a lot of people's advice and it's really helped. I think that if I keep going at this rate, it's not completely unreasonable to get up to 170+ (my target score) by June.

Looking forward to bouncing ideas of off each other. What's your current situation?