Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR ?

So i am an ABA ( applied behavioral analysis ) paraproffesional. I work with children on the autistic spectrum for 12-14 hours a week. I have been doing this for 5 months and I was wondering if getting a letter from my boss would boost my resume. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

Schools really prefer academic letters. If you've been out of school for awhile and don't have the relationships for good academic letters, then you'll have to go for a pro letter and that will be great. If you can get good academic letters though, go with those.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

☝️What @"Cant Get Right" . A letter from a supervisor can be a great supplement—consider it for a third letter—but it doesn't replace academic LORs, and you should only use it INSTEAD of an academic letter if you absolutely can't procure the latter.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    So i am an ABA ( applied behavioral analysis ) paraproffesional. I work with children on the autistic spectrum for 12-14 hours a week. I have been doing this for 5 months and I was wondering if getting a letter from my boss would boost my resume. What are your thoughts?

As long as your supervisor/boss can write a shinning LOR, then it couldn't hurt to have a good third on in the pipeline. However, as David and @"Cant Get Right" mentioned above, law schools tend to place higher value on academic LORs, especially if you are a recent graduate.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

So i spent 3 years abroad studying the Talmud in Israel and i took online college. So i dont have a great connection with my professors. Should i consider getting a letter from the dean of my school in israel even through i didnt get a degree from the school and it is not accredited?