Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does LSAC decide between numeric vs. letter grades reported on a transcript?

Hi!

I am an undergraduate student from Atlantic Canada. And I came across the grade conversion table on LSAC's website. My universities approach to allocating letter grades to ranges of numeric grades is very different from the one shown in that table. And I am pretty sure that my transcript will have both numeric and letter grades. In calculating GPA, our university goes by letter grades. I was wondering, in a transcript with both numeric and letter grades, will LSAC give preference to the letter grades in calculating my GPA or will it use its own numerical analysis for determining letter grades?

It would mean a lot to me if someone could point me in the right direction because I am somewhat scared that the discrepancy between how my university handles grades vs. how LSAC does might ruin my chances of getting into my choice of schools. :(

Regards,
Eeshan