Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Timing is negatively affecting my LR performance... - 7Sage Forum

Timing is negatively affecting my LR performance...

LivePumpkinLivePumpkin Free Trial Member

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a weird problem... Over my preparation for the LSAT, I have made HUGE improvements but I have one thing in LR still holding me back and I am really not sure what I should/can do to fix this. Whenever I am doing an LR section, I am not sure if I get nervous or anxious but I read a stimulus and have trouble remembering what I read, which sometimes requires me to have to reread the stimuli a second or a third time before moving to the AC. Interestingly, as SOON as I am done the section and the 35 minutes have passed, I read through the section again and I have no problem with recall. It is as if timing resulted in me having trouble remembering the stimuli. Also, this only happens in the LR section and usually at the beginning. I think by question 4 I am fine. Even with this problem, however, I am still under -9 for both LR combined.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Will it go away as I just do more timed sections? Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• glenolsglenols Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Hey,

I had a similar problem with LR where I would kind of space out in the middle of reading the stimulus due to time constraint. I do even worse with RC because at times I would read an entire passage and have no idea about the structure, let alone the content.
    Then I ran into this thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/10as9w/reading_comprehension_guides/

Specifically this part of the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/z9fks/something_to_keep_in_mind_rc_help/

I used to time myself with a countdown timer but after reading this I started using a stopwatch instead. To my surprise, I was able to finish LR section in 37 minutes. That gave me an idea of how much time I need to cut on the LR, which was not that much! I also felt like not really paying attention much to time really took the pressure off. Ultimately, with practice, I was able to speed up on LR sections with 1-2 minutes remaining.

Now I shoot for 15/17 minutes when I get to Q 15. That way I get to spend more time on the harder questions.

Hope that helps!