Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ellen Cassidy's The Loophole in Logical Reasoning Book, Have you guys read it? Thoughts?

LuxxTabooLuxxTaboo Core Member
in General 212 karma

If anybody has read this book, would you recommend it for someone who is really struggling with LR even after going through the entire CC here on 7sage?

Comments

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    551 karma

I didn't go through the whole CC here, so I decided to buy Ellen Cassidy's book. I recommend it because I believe it simplifies a lot of question types and how to approach them. I personally like having books instead of just watching videos, so her book is convenient when I'm flipping through to find a concept.

I would say that if you're struggling with LR and the videos are not helping, it could help you if you try to find other resources to invest your time and money in. All the best!

• AugustLSATAugustLSAT Alum Member
    92 karma

I just bought the book. Although I have not yet finished the book, it helps a lot with understanding the language of the LSAT. It teaches y6u how to grasp important information through dense and wordy stimulus. This was very important for me because it allowed me to read the stimulus faster and fully understand what I was reading. I believe the wrong answer journal really helped a lot when it comes to LR. I jumped from consistently getting -13 to -15 and now get -9 in just a matter of 3 weeks. But it is important to understand, why you got every answer wrong and devise a plan. For me personally, I have seen improvements with this book because understanding the language was the biggest reason I was getting questions incorrect. Also just a general advice that was really a game changer to me was just the idea that most answers are right in the stimulus.

• Burden.of.FloofBurden.of.Floof Core Member
    1050 karma

I've read it, and I would recommend it. There are a few simple, but powerful concepts that have changed the way I view the exam.... powerful/provable, for example.

• Bebe2026Bebe2026 Member
    89 karma

Highly recommend