Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about LSAC LOR Service

benjoffe6benjoffe6 Alum Member
edited January 2022 in Law School Admissions 44 karma

Hi,

I have a question about how the LSAC would handle LORs in my circumstances. My current timetable is to graduate undergrad May 2023, submit apps ~Fall 2024, matriculate in Fall 2025. My question is can I receive a letter of recommendation, have my recommender upload it to LSAC say around Fall 2022, and then wait to use that letter for the Fall 2024 application cycle. Or would I need to receive, upload and submit a letter of recommendation a set certain amount of time before my desired application cycle?

Naturally, I would think that (most) recommenders would be able to provide a more descriptive, elaborate recommendation fresh off of my experience with them, whether it be in a course or a research project, etc, so that's why I would think to acquire these letters as early as I can, have them sit in the LSAC LOR account for a few years, and send them out with my application when its time. Is there a flaw in my reasoning here/ is this possible?

I’d appreciate any help, and am glad to provide clarification on my situation.
Thanks!