Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Often should I be taking practice tests?

GoTribe21GoTribe21 Member
in General 62 karma

I feel like I take PTs too often. Shouldn’t I just be focusing on understanding the material instead of “hitting a certain” score.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Generally, yes. I think one to two PTs a week is reasonable. If you’re scoring high, you could probably do three a week. If you’re doing more than three a week and taking a break day each week, you don’t even have a full day to blind review each test and drill any weak areas. So I think for most people one or two is optimal.

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    1121 karma

Yes - PTs don't inherently help you improve. Instead, they're really just a thermometer, telling you where you are at a particular point in time. The only improvement really comes from you doing the questions again after in a review-based setting (watching videos, redoing stuff, putting them in a Wrong Answer Journal, etc.). If you find yourself not having enough time to thoroughly review, you're likely doing too many PTs. I'd aim for 1 PT a week, perhaps 2.