Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Superprep for LR and RC training

rosnell.1rosnell.1 Member
edited August 2015 in General 13 karma
Hi guys,

I'm retaking the LSAT in October, so I already have familiarity with each LSAT section, but not in the in-depth way that many people on this forum seem to have. I have the Powerscore Bible for LG 'cause it's my weakest section, but I'd like something to drill and keep somewhat sharp on Arguments and RC (was getting -2/-4 on PTs in those sections). Since I'm pretty good at them, I don't want to drop $50 a piece on the PS Bibles and spend a ton of time on them.

Does anyone know about the viability and/or helpfulness of the "LSAT Superprep" book published by LSAC to help me drill in these sections? (Thinking maybe it could help me understand the sometimes baffling logic of LSAC) Or is there maybe a better way?

Thanks for your help!
Christian

Comments

• c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    The Superprep books offer 3 LSATs with explanations by LSAC. They are a good resource if you are looking for tests and explanations, but if you want to specifically drill then you would probably be better off with something else (you would only be getting 12 RC passages for example). Cambridge and everylsat sells packets of questions that may interest you.

Side note: if you are retaking and are at -2/-4 for those sections, I wouldn't drill anyway. I would recommend buying the 10 actuals books (or tests from the above sites) and doing some real timed practice. It's the best way to get better at the LSAT imo.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    I didn't find the Superprep book particularly helpful. I think 7Sage and other solid prep sources (I recommend lsathacks.com) have just as good an understanding of LSAC's logic as LSAC does, but a better way of explaining it. For drilling I would echo that you should just get a bunch of tests and do sections.

If you're looking to deepen your understanding of LR and RC too, I would recommend the LSAT Trainer. It has some exercises that hone in on fundamentals.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @rosnell.1 said:
    I have the Powerscore Bible for LG 'cause it's my weakest section,
    Honestly you're better off buying all the 1-35 LGs and then just using the free videos here on 7Sage to master LG.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @sockstcat said:
    I didn't find the Superprep book particularly helpful.
    Yeah. It's pretty "meh." Nothing new to me, post-Trainer/7sage.
  • littlesnickerslittlesnickers Member Inactive Sage
    271 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    Honestly you're better off buying all the 1-35 LGs and then just using the free videos here on 7Sage to master LG.
    Very excellent point. I used the Powerscore Bible at first and some of their notations are like "wtf this is a big waste of pencil strokes and brain power." When I finally felt comfortable with LG, it was because I picked up JY's style from the videos.