Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How in the world did I jump 10points?

guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
in General 365 karma
I was PTing in the 157-161 range for 2 weeks. Today, i took PT 54 and scored 167.
I am not complaining... but I am confused.
I did everything the same as I always do. Maybe it was a fluke? I will have to take a couple more PTs to see, I guess.

Is it normal to see a 10 point jump like this? Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @guitarnara said:
    Today, i took PT 54 and scored 167.
    I am not complaining... but I am confused.
    Things just start to click and your confidence (and emotional habits) builds! I'd recommend taking a couple days' break from new PT's to let the good vibes settle into your neural pathways. You don't want to rush into more PT's too quickly so that you convince yourself that it WAS a fluke. I do not believe in flukes. This represents your performance today. So long as your timing is strict (And you're bubbling as you would on test day), this is truly representative.

So ... treat yoself :)
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    In my experience (which is limited), outliers are normal and to be expected, up AND down. I think it would behoove you to pay attention to the average of your PT over the long run of 20 or more tests. Celebrate your victories and this counts as one, but be prepared to keep your mindset strong when you have an outlier that is 5-10 below, because it will invariably happen. That's where looking at your average over the long run comes into play.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Yeah. Enjoy the jump, but you want to celebrate as much as you’d mourn a 10 point dip in your score. At this point, it’s all about the process. That being said, if the next 3 PTs are at the same level, I’d say a celebratory beer wouldn’t be out of the question.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor said:
    Enjoy the jump, but you want to celebrate as much as you’d mourn a 10 point dip in your score.
    This is how I mourn low PT scores: