Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does a light course load affect admissions?

Hi everyone,
To explain my situation, I am currently a junior in undergrad and recently took a light semester (only 2 classes). This is because I was on track to graduating a semester early (3.5 yrs instead of 4) since I took a good chunk of classes at a community college in my first year while simultaneously enrolled full time in my main university. This was before I planned to attend law school so I wasn't aware that law schools started in the fall. Since I was originally set to graduate in fall, I realized there was no point in graduating early only to wait a year for law school to begin. So I decided to push my graduation date to spring so that I can afford to take a light semester now and focus purely on studying for the LSAT and some volunteering work while also ensuring I maintain a high GPA.

My question is, will a lighter course load negatively impact my transcript? I am still on track to graduating in 4 yrs and was wondering if an addendum is necessary in my case. Thanks!

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    802 karma

I don't think admission committees would care at all about this, especially if you're doing volunteer work.