Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not taking the LSAT until August; will learning Logic Games help me on LR and RC?

PhilWalshPhilWalsh Core Member
in Logic Games 5 karma

Will learning Logic Games help me understand logic better and do better on LR and RC?

Comments

• RuthBaderZynsburgRuthBaderZynsburg Core Member
    8 karma

While it may help you, it likely won't be as beneficial as just studying the sections that will actually be on the test. I personally am not studying them, and am strictly focusing on LR/RC, and have been steadily improving without LG. Sincerely, a soon to be August test taker.

• peezusmcgeepeezusmcgee Core Member
    edited April 16 166 karma

Maybe, prob not. LG is a very specific set of skills that is very very weakly transferrable to the other "disciplines" the LSAT tests you on. If you're taking in August probably worth it to spend time on stuff that's actually gonna be on the test.

As an aside, much of the higher level knowledge that you're applying when solving LG is just elementary conditional logic, which you'll learn through JY's curriculum anyways. Almost anyone who can consistently score -0 on LG will tell you that the trick to LG is a strong grasp on conditional logic combined with astute pattern recognition.

• donnanicole.djdonnanicole.dj Live Member
    21 karma

I love logic games, but unfortunately, they will help you minimally on the other sections in my humble opinion. Someone already mentioned that they involve being familiar with conditionals, but there's no reason that has to be learned via LG.

• PhilWalshPhilWalsh Core Member
    5 karma

Thanks guys, this was useful

• joshua941019joshua941019 Core Member
    57 karma

Yeah, I don’t see how it will be more beneficial than working on LR and RC.