Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

basic translations question

08suzukigsxr08suzukigsxr Member
in General 5 karma
So I'm just wrapping up learning the four basic groups and have a question on groups three and four. I know it doesn't matter which one you pick as long you stick to the rule(G3=Sufficient and G4=Necessary), but for speed purposes I created my own rule and wanted to know if there was ever a chance that rule could be wrong. So I always do the first idea and make it the sufficient indicator and the second the necessary. For the obvious reason that that would put them on the same side of the "arrow" consistently. But could I be setting myself up for a mistake? Does anyone else do this rule?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I kind of do them a bit more intuitively, but I don't see any problem with just doing it that way if it is easier. So long as I'm understanding it right, sounds like a non-problem. Just remember to be mechanical with your application and you should be good.
    Memorizing and utilizing the 4 groups of Sufficient and Necessary conditions translations increased my speed with LR a bunch! :) Glad to see you are starting to get the hang of it!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Yep, doesn't matter which one you choose, so that will work just fine.