Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Optional Addendums

tanya4290tanya4290 Member
edited September 2016 in Law School Admissions 5 karma
I have the opportunity to submit an optional addendum. The course suggests that the optional addendum is there to explain extenuating circumstances. Can I use this addendum to discuss why this particular school is my top school? The essays outside of the personal statement are 1. what uniqueness you bring to the school and 2. career goals. I am applying early admission to this school and I'd like to explain why it's my top choice, but wondering if that's best to save for the interview rather than include it as an addendum?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @tanyarusinko said:
    Can I use this addendum to discuss why this particular school is my top school?
    No, an addendum is generally added to an application to explain a discrepancy in your LSAT score, GPA, or both. An extenuating circumstance would comply with what I said but does not work with explaining why you want to attend X school. That's usually mentioned in a "Why Us" essay or like you said during an interview.