Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC# on Resume?

davi2526davi2526 Alum Member
I read somewhere (TLS I think) that it was suggested to put your LSAC# on your resume for applications - is this a good idea? Would I just include it in my header? I could just delete my phone number and include my LSAC # instead.

I know I need a header with name, LSAC#, and title of essay for all the application essays, but I hadn't even thought of putting it on my resume. I hope it's not too big of a deal considering I have already submitted quite a few.

Any ideas either way?

Comments

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma
    FWIW: I have not heard of that piece of advice myself.

And I believe the resume is so insignificant compared to the other components of the application that I wouldn't worry if you'd already sent some without it on there. I think it'd have to be an extreme circumstance where the lack of an LSAC number on a resume was the difference maker.

Plus, as far as I can recall, most places want a typical 'professional' resume. I wouldn't put my LSAC number on an ordinary professional resume. So in the absence of any information telling me otherwise I'd (personally) be inclined not to bother.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Hmm. I think it would be better placed on your personal statement.
  • davi2526davi2526 Alum Member
    66 karma
    It's definitely on my personal statement - just wondered if it needed to also be on the resume. Thanks for the advice - unless I get instructed to specifically on an app, I'll leave it off my resume for now.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    yup, leave it off!
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma
    Nothing bad would happen if you put it on your resume, but it's not standard. Leave it off.