High-intensity Preppers

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 7965 karma
Hi, y'all. I'm looking to connect with folks who are going pedal-to-the-metal prepping for the June LSAT. I know everyone here is working hard—probably putting heart and soul into every step—but I think the hardcore folks probably self-identify as such. I'm not talking about burnout-seekers (too old and too long out of college to tease that dragon). I'm talking about folks who are keeping strict study schedules, supplementing lessons and drills above and beyond schedule, and taking at least weekly practice tests (and later on, 3-4 a week+). People who (like myself) are going whole-hog this season. No matter what your ideal score range may be, how are you harnessing the ever-mounting adrenalin to build momentum towards your goal?

You know who you are. You know what you want. So, what are you doing?

Here's to lively discussion, friendly competition, and mutually reinforcing one another's very best efforts.

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    no time to answer. Too busy giving it my all as I study ;)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I hope I didn't intimidate you *too* much, alejoroarios ;)
  • wbennett6wbennett6 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Hey Nicole, are you in the NYC area?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Nope--lived there for 3 years but now in Dallas.
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    I'm trying to do every single preptest in order between now and then! I have a crazy schedule that involves up to #74. I started prepping in mid December and took February (did 12 of the tests for that test, going to retake them). So far I have done 12 of them and am working on #13 right now. Going for 180!
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @josephellengar Have you thought about starting your PT's from the 40's? Generally what people do are save the first 38 PT's to drill.
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    @ddakjiking:

Yes, but I am not doing so for 3 reasons:

1) I feel that the early tests are easier and give more review on basic concepts. For example, the LR is much more concrete, so I hope that this will help me build concepts better (and it seems to be working)

2) I'm not going to be doing any drilling, haha. My schedule requires 5 tests a week for quite some time (I think 9 consecutive weeks), so I won't have time for that anyway.

3) I hope to be doing entirely modern tests by June 8.
  • bobaliciousbobalicious Member Sage
    127 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Great attitude! Be careful not to invert your commitments. Highest level commitment should be to actually see improvements and learn from your PTs (meaning you have to BR BR BR BR BR). A much much lower level commitment is # of PTs/week.

I'm talking about Mistake #2:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/the-three-worst-lsat-mistakes/