Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June & July open

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
in General 1810 karma

Hello, fellow 7Sagers. The June & July tests are now open for registration. More good news: The essay will no longer be handwritten or necessarily take place on the same day as the rest of the test. Hooray!

Comments

• LawyerBarbieLawyerBarbie Member
    164 karma

So what you would come back and do then written exam? lol

• Harvey_lHarvey_l Alum Member
    268 karma

omg!! i'm so delighted, dude this is amazing news :blush:
    bruh, now im so nervous i need a 12-13 pt improvement from now to june.... oof....

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@KR_RealEstateJD said:
    So what you would come back and do then written exam? lol

I think I saw something about them considering have it be something you do at home and then submit, can't remember if pre- or post-test. But basically like a take-home assignment.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

On LSAC it says: Notice starting with June 2019 LSAT: The writing section will be separate from the LSAT starting with the June 3, 2019 test. This change will result in greater convenience and flexibility for test takers as the testing date will be shorter, the essay will be typed rather than handwritten, and it can be completed at a time and place of the test takers' choosing. By registering for the June LSAT, candidates will be automatically eligible to complete the writing section as of the date of the LSAT and up to one year thereafter. Candidates are only required to have one essay on file to complete their Law School Reports. Essays completed during previous LSAT administrations will still be valid for use in Law School Reports. There will be an additional fee of $15 for each administration of LSAT Writing.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yep! Grabbed a spot in July. Total win-win for the most part. Downside tho.. it's now a 5- 5.5 hour drive to do it this time :( There were no other locations listed in the state.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@AudaciousRed said:
    Yep! Grabbed a spot in July. Total win-win for the most part. Downside tho.. it's now a 5- 5.5 hour drive to do it this time :( There were no other locations listed in the state.

Not sure about your whereabouts but I think more test centers will pop up in the coming months. If you live more than 100 miles from a test center you can request that they establish one in your area for your test.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited January 2019 2689 karma

Chances are extremely high it would just be me taking it any closer to home. I imagine they would probably want more money to hold a test like that. Anyone have experience with this?
    I have mentioned on a previous testing that I would have preferred the university town nearest me. But, they don't have a law school, so must not be very important to LSAC.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited January 2019 4850 karma

Not sure if this is covered somewhere and tbh, its a purely curiosity driven question for me as I'm not taking it. However, how does uncertainty about which test (paper / digital) you actually receive play into the equation. As I understand the roll-out process, there will be some paper / some digital and test takers will not know prior to test day. Most people (as I would be) are focused on the positive potential benefits from taking the digital version, especially the option to immediately see your score and cancel if desired. What happens / are you disappointed if you sit down and they put a paper version in front of you? I assume paper tests are not immediately graded and the takers do not have the cancellation option.

ETA: This is for the initial roll-out date of the electronic version. After full implementation, I realize it won't be an issue.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@AudaciousRed said:
    Chances are extremely high it would just be me taking it any closer to home. I imagine they would probably want more money to hold a test like that. Anyone have experience with this?
    I have mentioned on a previous testing that I would have preferred the university town nearest me. But, they don't have a law school, so must not be very important to LSAC.

Law school locations are irrelevant. If you go to register for a test there is a disclaimer about testing locations further than 100 miles away. They cannot ask for more money from you if you are the only person taking the test. Driving 5.5 hours to take the test is a built in obstacle you should not be subjected to. They want the testing conditions to be fair and as close to even for people living in big cities or rural areas. Just email them.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

The touch-screen finger appears! Ahhhh! I guess it's not so scary. I kind of hate it but will learn to love it. One good thing is that there's a "time remaining" bar in the upper right corner, so no need for a wristwatch. And the flag feature is neat for skipping (once I get good at skipping). They've obviously put thought into it...it's just so hard to wrap my head around the adjustment. I guess it feels like giving up control of the test, like the machine is in charge. And I've thought about your question, Wrecker, and yes, it will be a strange experience with one half of a testing room using this with the other half kicking it old-school, but I guess that's the reason they're going out on a limb and letting us cancel post-score. I'm also hoping that anyone who does have this one cancel on their record won't look bad because, hey, new format. And it's true they can't insta-score the paper, but my bet is they'll turn them around faster than the usual 3 weeks somehow. My first take was in November, and I'm now registered for both June & July. I decided Jan. and March are both just a little too soon for drastic improvement. But now that I've found 7Sage, I know that improvement is possible. As curious as I am about the digital experience, deep down I'm praying that I do so well in June that I withdraw and give my spot to someone else.