Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC Fee Waiver Appeal Tips

BeylawnceBeylawnce Alum Member
in General 53 karma

For those of you who have successfully appealed LSAC's fee waiver decision, do you have any tips for my appeal?

Comments

• MambaMentality93MambaMentality93 Live Member
    503 karma

Just tell your truth and provide as much supporting documents as possible!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Worst case: You can do CAS at a different time than your registration for the LSAT so it's not as much of a cost right away.

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

I just got my fee waiver approved. Thought i'd share some insight. Basically, a detailed letter followed by documented support. LOTS of documents. I pretty much dropped a ton of documents to backup what I wrote in my letter.

• BeylawnceBeylawnce Alum Member
    53 karma

@elias7291 said:
    I just got my fee waiver approved. Thought i'd share some insight. Basically, a detailed letter followed by documented support. LOTS of documents. I pretty much dropped a ton of documents to backup what I wrote in my letter.

Thank you! Did you include bills? Phone bill, rent, car, electricity? If so how many months worth?

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

I included some bills, such as utility and car payment bills as well as indicating my monthly rent. I also attached proof indicating what my current earnings are to show that I’m either breaking even every month or taking a small loss.