Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study tips

mincey_brandymincey_brandy Free Trial Member

I’ve began studying for the September LSAT. Where do I even begin? I only have enough money for self study other than taking practice tests at my university.I’m new to this app any study tips would be great.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It's going to be a little tricky without purchasing anything at all, but there are still lots of things that you can do. If you can't afford anything at all, that's understandable, but if you can save up and spend a hundred bucks or so you'll be much better off. With a hundred dollars you could buy:

The LSAT Trainer (I've never personally used it but I know that a lot of people recommend it) for 40 dollars

and

2 of the more recent 10 Actual LSAT books- exactly what it sounds like. This would get you twenty full practice tests.

With these you could go through the Trainer, PT 20 tests, and use the free logic games videos that 7sage offers. Once you have done a PT, you can foolproof the games. This means that by the end of it you would have foolproofed eighty games.

You wouldn't have to purchase these all at once either- start with the Trainer, and while you're using it save up the 25 dollars for one of the ten actuals, then once you're going through those save up for the next set. This situation isn't completely ideal of course, but for a low low budget I think you could still get a lot of progress out of it. If you can save up and spend a little more, the basic 7sage course is a very reasonably priced investment. It can be hard to cough up a few hundred bucks, especially if you're a poor college student, but the investment could literally earn you thousands of dollars worth of scholarships.

If you truly cannot purchase a single thing (no judgement if this is the case), then the LSAC website has a link to free study material from the Khan Academy. I personally have never looked at it, but it is endorsed by LSAC and I believe is definitely going to be better than nothing. You can also still utilize the free 7sage logic games videos. Even if you don't have your own copies of the games, follow along with JY. Don't just watch the videos- actually use a piece of paper and a pencil and write down everything he is writing. This will help you truly learn what he is doing. I would also recommend this if you choose the above "low budget" route with the twenty PTs- watch the older videos of games (as many as you can).

Good luck and fun studying!

• mincey_brandymincey_brandy Free Trial Member
    12 karma

Thanks so much for the kind words!

• ariesinlawariesinlaw Member
    15 karma

Hey! If you wanted to get any LSAT books I recommend facebook marketplace!! There are a lot of people who just finished taking their LSAT and just finished applying for law schools so in my area I've been seeing a lot of people put up their test prep books in bundles for under $100. From what I've seen on message boards and stuff, people recommend the powerscore bible, the lsat trainer, 10 actual official lsat preptests, and the free khan academy stuff.