Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the October LSAT too late?

dhill2020dhill2020 Alum Member
in General 84 karma

Hi, I'm currently registered for the August 2020 LSAT and wanted to see what my options are. I have heard that law schools consider any applications submitted before Thanksgiving to be early, but I'm not sure this is entirely true. I would really appreciate any feedback!! I can definitely take it in August, but if taking it in October means an increase of a few points, then it may be worth it. Thanks!

Comments

• 159orBust159orBust Core Member
    edited July 2020 53 karma

You can literally call the school and ask... it’s not that hard. The admission office would know more about that than us 7sagers

• 4 karma

I have talked to a few admissions officers at various schools and they all say that it is best to have your applications submitted before Thanksgiving but that they get applications up until the day of their deadline. If you believe that your score will increase by waiting until October, then that is what you should do if you want. It is definitely not too late in the cycle to wait until then!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

My opinion is that both 2020 and 2021 are going to be very different admissions cycles than we have seen in the past. I am predicting that most of not all of this admissions cycle will be Flex. If that is the case than you will get your scores back in just a couple of weeks meaning that you would be able to apply well before Thanksgiving. Applying earlier is a good thing, but having your best score is even better. Hard to believe but there are literally people still trying to apply for 2020 or who have been applying in the last few weeks. October is still plenty early enough in the cycle. I am taking July but if I don’t get what I believe to be my best score than I am preparing to test in either August or October. At this point my recommendation would be to worry about the LSAT and take things once step at a time. I was originally going to apply 2020 but didn’t get the score I wanted in part because I became so focused on the goal that I lost sight of the present.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

I would think it would depend on when they open their admission cycle.