Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else have a terrible Proctor U experience?

I just finished my LSAT flex, and with about 20 minutes left in my last section (LG) my screen went black and I couldn't see anything on the screen or hear my proctor, but it kept recording. I started to panic and cried as nothing I did would bring the screen back up. I panicked for about 10 minutes and could not figure out what to do but ultimately restarted my computer. While I waited for someone to reconnect me, I cried and got so upset about it as LG is my best section and would have saved my score if I got a perfect section. When they finally reconnected me, the time had still been ticking until I had restarted my computer so I got back into it and I had less than 10 minutes left. I was so upset and frazzled that I could not finish the section and just guessed my answers. No one knew why it shut down on me. I am going to have to cancel my score because of this, which might screw up my admissions. Currently calling LSAC about this.

Comments

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

I had a similar experience earlier this morning. It happened to me during RC and, just like you, I lost precious time. I was absolutely furious (and also panicked). You can make a formal complaint and have LSAC investigate. Here is the link to more info:
    https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-test-day-complaints-and-feedback

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    edited November 2020 620 karma

@hchristinecox trying calling LSAC ASAP if you Havent already! I heard some people were able to re schedule for a later time in the week if they had a really bad proctoru experience that affected their performance (but this was for the August flex... However I'm sure they still grant the same thing now). Either way, call and see if you can re take in a couple days!! Also, if you don't have strong wifi, invest in an Ethernet cable. It provides much more stable connection or if you can take it at a workplace with strong wifi, definitely go for that. I was able to reserve a room at the company my mom works at and I haven't had an issue with proctoru for the 2 times I took the flex.. with today being the 2nd time

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

If the first person you spoke to at LSAT wasn't helpful- try again. I know from the August test which I was never even able to start because of tech issues that weren't my fault that there is a makeup day on Friday for all Flex admins. It took me three representatives to tell me this and I literally never even saw the test. I was told it is difficult to get one of those makeup exam spots but it can be done. Good luck!

• hchristinecoxhchristinecox Live Member
    68 karma

@FindingSage said:
    If the first person you spoke to at LSAT wasn't helpful- try again. I know from the August test which I was never even able to start because of tech issues that weren't my fault that there is a makeup day on Friday for all Flex admins. It took me three representatives to tell me this and I literally never even saw the test. I was told it is difficult to get one of those makeup exam spots but it can be done. Good luck!

I would honestly be a okay if they gave me a coupon to use for January as my testing experience was so bad. I wrong a non-formal complaint as I couldn't get a hold of someone. I will be calling them first thing tomorrow morning. I would need a coupon as I will not be able to get the time off work for Friday to do rewrite. I am so mad about it but I really appreciate the words!

68 karma

@"Burt Reynolds" said:
    I had a similar experience earlier this morning. It happened to me during RC and, just like you, I lost precious time. I was absolutely furious (and also panicked). You can make a formal complaint and have LSAC investigate. Here is the link to more info:

Thank you! I wrote a non-formal complaint as I want to make a formal complaint over the phone since I would like so more information about it. Did you end up making a complaint?

68 karma

@karko2525 said:
    @hchristinecox trying calling LSAC ASAP if you Havent already! I heard some people were able to re schedule for a later time in the week if they had a really bad proctoru experience that affected their performance (but this was for the August flex... However I'm sure they still grant the same thing now). Either way, call and see if you can re take in a couple days!! Also, if you don't have strong wifi, invest in an Ethernet cable. It provides much more stable connection or if you can take it at a workplace with strong wifi, definitely go for that. I was able to reserve a room at the company my mom works at and I haven't had an issue with proctoru for the 2 times I took the flex.. with today being the 2nd time

I got everyone in my house to leave for the day so I would have a strong and reliable connection. I am hoping they can give me a coupon for the January session as this was such a terrible experience. Sadly, my boss already said they won't give me time off for it later this week so I will need a coupon or just have to suck it up, cancel my score, and register for January.

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

@hchristinecox said:

@"Burt Reynolds" said:

Thank you! I wrote a non-formal complaint as I want to make a formal complaint over the phone since I would like so more information about it. Did you end up making a complaint?

I filed a formal complaint within about an hour of finishing the exam. To say I was heated is an understatement lmao. I'm going to call LSAC tomorrow morning to find out how long it usually takes to review a case like this and what remedies could be available. As of now, I'm planning to take the January test. Hopefully we have better luck on the next exam.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    edited November 2020 620 karma

@hchristinecox gosh, I’m so sorry this happened. I think LSAC will definitely give you a coupon for January and I hope that exam goes smoothly unlike this one. Do you have score preview(if this was your first attempt)? Maybe even with that section sunk, you did well enough on the other 2 ? It happens! Either way, best of luck to you. I hope this gets resolved soon

• duartelaura58duartelaura58 Live Member
    4 karma

@FindingSage said:

Do you know what direct number you called? I had a horrible experience with my Proctor trying to verify information on my exam while my timer was still going and wasting 20 minutes of exam time. I already submitted a complaint and called LSAC today and the only response I got was to wait for my complaint to be reviewed.