Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible to raise 5-10 points in a month?

fresalaurafresalaura Core Member
in General 21 karma

Hello! I am currently stuck on the 155 mark and has been hard for me to get anything higher. Do you guys think it is possible to raise my score by at least 5 points in the course of a month? What techniques or resources have people found helpful in being able to achieve this sort of score raise? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• jmarin5jmarin5 Member
    162 karma

A 5 increase is certainly possible. If I were you, I would focus on games because this is where people see the biggest improvement. I personally started at -7/8 at games and now I am around -1/-0. So there is your 5 point increase right there. Good luck!

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

Ofcourse! What are you missing per section?

• fresalaurafresalaura Core Member
    21 karma

@Cynthia-2 Thank you for replying! Currently I'm at -7 on LR, -5 on LG and -13 on RC- RC is clearly the section I have had the most difficulties with. I would say I am pretty decent with LG, but I seem to always run out of time on the last game, which tends to be the most difficult one. I'm not really sure what would be a good way to improve on LG other thank drilling, and also unsure on how to improve my RC. Any suggestions are welcome! haha

21 karma

@jmarin5 Thank you for replying! If you don't mind me asking, what do you think helped you the most in getting a better score on the games?

• 424 karma

PowerScore has a very useful podcast on RC drills to help you determine your specific RC weakness (comprehension, timing, etc) and ways to improve there. Highly suggested!

As for LG, I’d check out the 7Sage “foolproof logic games” video - just google it, and it’ll pop right up.

• jmarin5jmarin5 Member
    162 karma

@fresalaura said:
    @jmarin5 Thank you for replying! If you don't mind me asking, what do you think helped you the most in getting a better score on the games?

Honestly just doing a ton of games really does the trick. But the key is not to move on from a game you struggled with to another one until you fully analyze what made this game difficult, the particular inference that was key to solving it in time and how to arrive at it, and how to apply it to future games. Let me know if you have any other questions or questions about a particular game!
    Good luck!

21 karma

@"Hal Incandenza" and @jmarin5 you are both awesome. Thank you so so much.