Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Week of Test with Score Drop

gbp9qngbp9qn Alum Member
in General 13 karma

Hey everyone. Im taking my test in a few days, and am kind of freaking out. I did worse on the last PT i took than normal, and still am not getting -0 on the logic games section. Does anyone have advice on what I should do to make sure I do the best I can on the test soon? Is it a good idea to take another practice exam? Thank you!

Comments

• DLsat111DLsat111 Core Member
    11 karma

I also take it this weekend and the same thing happened to me. if you take it on Friday id recommend just reviewing your pt and calling it a day. if you take it Saturday review it today and you can complete one tomorrow for piece of mind but its most likely just nerves!

• ariela.ziuariela.ziu Live Member
    8 karma

The same thing has been happening to me. I genuinely think it's super common and probably just attributed to nerves and stress prior to the exam.

• allisonlairallisonlair Alum Member
    23 karma

This is happening to me as well. I take my exam on Friday, so I plan to do one more practice test tomorrow and study more tonight. I have been solely focusing on logic games for the past two weeks, because I felt that section would be the top one I could improve, but was sad to see my score go down. This week I have solely devoted my time to logical reasoning, but I am also having a hard time with the logical reasoning section. Any advice? Good luck on y'all's test!

• 87 karma

Hi Guys, I went through this the first time or two that I took the LSAT. I also take it this Saturday but stress anxiety is a HUGE reason I have taken it multiple times. I don't want to say this to be Nellie Negative or anything but if it is the result of nerves you shouldn't just chop it up and forget about it. That's a form of text anxiety that you could very well get in check before test day. I use and will be using this week and Saturday on test day, guided meditation and deep breathing techniques. If you have just 5-10 minutes this will help you sort of focus on your breathing and calm anxiety. (deep breathing resets your vasovagal system which helps your brain to calm down). It can't hurt by any means but I can tell you that if you are nervous you want to take steps now to bring the anxiety to a normal daily level not have it amped up on test day or you will have trouble focusing. Here are links to some of my favorite videos:

Best of luck and calm centered focus to all of you this weekend, you got this!!

• TwentyStarGeneralTwentyStarGeneral Core Member
    111 karma

Is the test score within your current PT range? Then, don't worry about it, because variance is to be expected. If not, is it a one-time outlier fluke or a consistent downward trend? If it's a one-time outlier, then don't worry about it. If it's a consistent downward trend, take some time off, catch up on sleep, and do things that make you happy, because you're probably suffering from burnout.

Lastly, you're not going to make a magic 5 point improvement in 2 days. Better to rest up and be fresh for test day. This close to the test, I would just do some light maintenance stuff and try to get as much rest as I could.

Regarding score drops, to give you some encouragement on this point, my tutor got a 171 on a PT the day before the LSAT on which he scored a 178.

So, don't worry about it too much, don't focus on the outcome during the test, and, instead, focus on doing each passage, problem, and game correctly and efficiently "in the moment." Also, in the event that you do underperform, you can retake and will probably do better on the next one. Good luck.

• ovidovid Member
    89 karma

I was in a similar situation and ended up canceling June, better safe than sorry. My PT average was 168, and I got a 166 on PT93 the Thursday prior (I was supposed to take on Saturday). I'm aiming for a mid-170s score, so I knew I could refine those last few points still. I can't assume everything will go smoothly on the test.