Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCv1 vs CCv2

lawschoolstudy101lawschoolstudy101 Live Member
edited July 2023 in November 2023 LSAT 18 karma

Hello! I am debating if I should do the CCv1 or CCv2 and was wondering if anyone had any experiences switching. Apparently, the Core Curriculum v2 (beta) contains 84 hours of lessons, whereas the Core Curriculum v1 has over 217 hours of lessons. So I didn't know if I would be missing out on a lot of content by doing the CCv2. For references, I just started studying and made it through the Foundations of the CCv1and just started the LR. LSAT in November.

Comments

• CaitlinELinderCaitlinELinder Live Member
    76 karma

I started 7sage using CCv1 and switched to CCv2 because I moved through the lessons much quicker. V1 has more videos, and v2 is more reading, which I liked for taking notes. It's completely up to you, but the content is still great both ways!

• lawgical errorlawgical error Live Member
    41 karma

I made it halfway through CCv1 and switched to CCv2, but I tend to switch back and forth as I find it easier to understand some concepts with the videos in v1. V2 is more reading but its definitely faster and more straightforward. I would recommend using v1 content for videos if you're finding difficulty for some of the lessons!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14173 karma

@kkevinzz That makes perfect sense.

My intention is to create videos for v2 as well. I haven't done so because I'm still editing the lessons in text form. I'm hoping to get some videos for the v2 Foundations unit up before the end of the year.

v2 LR unit has videos already.

• diegodaviladiegodavila Core Member
    13 karma

I don't know if I missed something, but I'm just coming across this and realizing there's another version of the curriculum. Is this entirely meant to be a curriculum for the Aug 2024 LSAT without the Logic Games? Or is it meant to be an improvement in the overall curriculum regardless? I'm planning to take the LSAT before Aug 2024 (with Logic Games), so should I just stay in v1?

Thank you!

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    775 karma

@diegordavila CCv2 is meant for everyone, regardless of whether you'll take the LSAT before or after August 2024.

Since Version 2 teaches Logical Reasoning more efficiently and effectively, we recommend switching to CCv2 completely. Please note that the RC and LG lessons of both CCv1 and CCv2 are the same. What's changed are the Foundations and Logical Reasoning lessons.

Additionally, the new lessons use LR questions from PrepTests 61-65, so if you're down to your last few clean PTs and they happen to be those, then this probably isn't for you. But if you're not worried about running out of clean PTs, then this is a great opportunity to see what we've been cooking up!