Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Help! Postponing test date? - 7Sage Forum

Help! Postponing test date?

jennnxxpjennnxxp Core Member
in General 64 karma

I took the LSAT last year in Oct and scored a 152. I have been studying on/off since (working full time and full undergrad class schedule), trying to master LGs to test in June this year. Hitting the 160s would be a DREAM. I consistently score -5 (usually less) on LR and RC is a hit or miss varying between -9 through -5. I've seen improvements recently on LR and RC during practice tests.

I hoped I could master LG to at least have -5, but I have not done so yet. I usually average -9 (sometimes more) on LG. During blind review, I can get most of the questions right with LGs. Still, I'm beyond frustrated at this point.

Should I test in June with LG or would it be more beneficial to test in perhaps September and apply in October after working more on LR and RC? Should I test in June anyway and re-rest in September?

I appreciate any advice I could get! Thank you!

Comments

• jc333333jc333333 Live Member
    109 karma

If LG isn't going to help your score you might as well wait. I pushed to test in April and now am testing again in June because LG is my best section. Otherwise, might as well narrow your focus and work on LR and RC.

• plantscribbleplantscribble Live Member
    edited May 14 61 karma

If you haven't already scheduled for June, that answers your question for you! The registration deadline for June passed a couple weeks ago. I think if you're comfortable in RC and LR, taking in Aug/Sep/Oct would be just fine.

Additionally if you HAVE already registered for June, you may as well take it! You will have to spend money to reschedule/withdraw anyway - and an improvement in scores overtime doesn't hurt you (imo) if you get better over the next couple test administrations. If you're particularly nervous about an extreme score difference, you can always write an addendum.

• jennnxxpjennnxxp Core Member
    64 karma

I took a PT with the new format (no LGs) and hit a 165, which I'm pretty excited about. So I think I'm going to move my test date and reschedule for September, even though it's pretty expensive to do so, as I don't think I could master LGs in time to make it my best section over LR. Otherwise, it's just going to bring my score down. I can really focus on RC and see if I can improve, even slightly. Thank you both for your advice!