Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The History of the LSAT

Matthew524Matthew524 Member
edited September 2016 in General 651 karma
Sometimes when I would study for the LSAT I often wondered what was the history behind the exam and how it came to be. I noticed the first LSAT with a pdf file was in 1991 and I always wondered how did individuals become lawyers prior to the first LSAT. I found a pdf article about the topic and wanted to share it.

http://www.lsac.org/docs/default-source/publications-(lsac-resources)/history-lsac-lsat.pdf

*Copy and Paste Link*

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    As a history major, this is very intriguing to me! looking forward to reading, thanks :)
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited September 2016 1501 karma
    Interesting I too wonder the same.
  • sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    edited September 2016 1501 karma
    I find myself wondering about the LSAT authors. Am I ever standing next to one in the grocery or sitting in my car next to one at a red light?
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Very interesting read. Thanks for posting your find!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Thanks! I knew some of the history behind the LSAT, but this is in-depth and informative!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"dytmom_3x" said:
    Am I ever standing next to one in the grocery or sitting in my car next to one at a red light?
    Haha! thanks, now I'll be thinking the same :P
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    What I want to know is how a person becomes a LSAT writer and what their process for creating questions is.