Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fact or Fiction: The Writing Sample Must be in Cursive

cahillmaffeicahillmaffei Alum Member
in General 21 karma
Hey everyone,
I'm sure some of you have seen discussions about this too. Can anyone provide conclusive evidence that the writing sample must be written in cursive? I have been told that it needs to be, but I can't find anything that suggests this from the LSAC or in the directions for the writing sample. I really would rather not have to write in cursive, so if someone could put this to bed, I'd be very appreciative. :)

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Lol, nah. I've written both my Writing Samples in print. You just have to rewrite the text from the bottom that says you didn't cheat blah blah in cursive if my memory serves me correct.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited September 2016 27858 karma
    Oh god I hope not. My name is the only thing I'm capable of writing in cursive, and even that is really more just sloppy print.

@montaha.rizeq said:
    ou just have to rewrite the text from the bottom that says you didn't cheat blah blah in cursive if my memory serves me correct.
    Yeah, this gives me more anxiety than LG at this point. Why does it have to be in cursive!?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Why does it have to be in cursive!?
    Lol, I ask myself that every time. I do write faster in cursive but holy shit sometimes I even have a hard time comprehending what the heck I just wrote lol.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Thanks for the good laugh. I don't think I have more anxiety than with LG (unless it is timed...) but I agree with the sentiment. I will have to think way too hard about writing in cursive just to copy down a standard sentence.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2016 2424 karma
    I hear you can also write it in spanish
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    Fiction.
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Lol, nah. I've written both my Writing Samples in print. You just have to rewrite the text from the bottom that says you didn't cheat blah blah in cursive if my memory serves me correct.
    Fact.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Wait, what? From where did you hear this rumor? That actually made me chuckle, haha. As far as I can tell, it does not have to be written in cursive.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    If it had to be in cursive, I'd have to start looking for new career aspirations.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Who still remembers that crap??! It's hard enough for me trying to remember how to write my name in cursive. It's illegible on purpose. I wonder if people really read the essays anyway? I'm sure they would soon quit their job after having to figure out all the "chicken scratch" that comes across their desks.
  • CenaBenaCenaBena Member
    138 karma
    I honestly think that if this were true, JY would have made that clear in one of his lessons. I have done this course and the PowerScore Bibles and its never mentioned, so I am sure its not a thing.