Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Game Advice

navilsatnavilsat Alum Member
in Logic Games 96 karma

Hey everyone,
Its been little more than a week of fool proofing after completing the logic games lessons in the CC and I have completed all of the the logic games in the first 10 PTs. So far, I am averaging about 11-13 mins/per game (not section) and usually get 1-2 questions wrong/per game. However, after watching the LG explanation videos, I pick up on the inferences and do the same games in half the time and rarely get any questions wrong.
I know its only been a week of fool proofing, yet I kind of feel discouraged as my time has not seen any significant change after the first 40 games (i.e., I am still taking about 45 mins per LG section). Is this progression relatively normal? I want to continue fool proofing, yet at the same time, I don't know if I should review the lessons before moving forward with the next 100 games. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I am at the end of my fool proofing and I moved along a similar progression as you are describing. Foolproofing takes time to engrain those inferences into your approach but it does work. I think I had my "breakthrough" around PT 23.

You may considering slowing down in terms of new games per day. I found that while I could foolproof more than 1 game per day, I would learn more by only foolproofing 1 game and redoing previous games instead of beginning a second new one. Just something to consider.

It was also helpful to keep track of inferences I was learning in order to recognize them faster. shared those here https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11453/sharing-my-personal-lg-best-practices

Best of luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@navilsat said:
    Hey everyone,
    Its been little more than a week of fool proofing after completing the logic games lessons in the CC and I have completed all of the the logic games in the first 10 PTs. So far, I am averaging about 11-13 mins/per game (not section) and usually get 1-2 questions wrong/per game. However, after watching the LG explanation videos, I pick up on the inferences and do the same games in half the time and rarely get any questions wrong.
    I know its only been a week of fool proofing, yet I kind of feel discouraged as my time has not seen any significant change after the first 40 games (i.e., I am still taking about 45 mins per LG section). Is this progression relatively normal? I want to continue fool proofing, yet at the same time, I don't know if I should review the lessons before moving forward with the next 100 games. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, I think this sounds normal. A week of fool proofing really isn't that long at all, at least not in the grand scheme of things. Just make sure you are re-doing them until you can get them perfectly, under time, and with a high degree of confidence such that you feel like you "own the game." There have certainly been times where I can get a game under time and go -0, but I still do not feel like I have mastered the game. In that case, I just redo the game until I feel like all of the inferences and strategies necessary to do the game have clicked.

I reviewed the LG lessons more than once during my fool proofing. I was so bad at grouping games that I must have re-watched those lessons two or three times before I absorbed everything. I would say if you think you can benefit even a little from reviewing the lessons, I would say do it!

Don't be discouraged though! You aren't even a third of the way through. Honestly, I never really felt like I had an LG revelation even after fool proofing. I painfully just kept grinding and spent probably hundred of hours doing games over and over and it paid off. I got so much better with regards to my speed, accuracy, and confidence. Now I can comfortably do most sections within 35 minutes and rarely miss more than a couple questions.

Just keep going! :)

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

It took me about 3-4 weeks to see noticeable gains, 5-7 weeks to really get big improvement, and 9-12 weeks to consistently start scoring -0 to -2 on real timed LG sections.

That was with doing several hours of LG six days a week.

Keep plugging along. Fool proofing takes time. You've got to just push through.

• navilsatnavilsat Alum Member
    96 karma

@jkatz1488 thank you so much for your list of inferences and insight, I believe it will be very helpful!

96 karma

@"Alex Divine" thank you again Alex for your advice much appreciated as always! I will continue fool proofing and will return to the CC if need be. I am planning on writing the LSAT in September and hope that I will see some improvement before August. If not, I may postpone it.

96 karma

@AllezAllez21 That is encouraging information! Thank you for the motivation.