Okay - I admit it, you guys were right. Breaks help....

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited July 2017 in General 13286 karma

For the past week I have been far too busy at work to do any LSAT. This weekend I freaked out when I tried to do an LSAT and could not for the life of me focus....

So I stopped...I did literally nothing but watch terrible horror movies on Netflix (The Void is TERRIBLE), play video games and sleep for two days.

Today I took a timed test - an earlier one (PT 19) - and scored my highest score I have ever scored. This isn't like a small jump either. After bashing my head against the LSAT wall for almost three months non-stop without a break, I scored a 175. I went -0 and -2 in LR for the first time ever. Questions that made me mad before, made sense today. I felt revitalized and confident.

I understand that there is still a TON of work to be done. I also understand that this PT score of 175 is not indicative of what I might actually get come test day.

What it does show me is that our minds need breaks.

I admit it, you guys were right.

@"Cant Get Right"
@"Alex Divine"

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma

I'll take a 175 all day everyday. Nicely done! Now to stay fresh and build consistency!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    I'll take a 175 all day everyday. Nicely done! Now to stay fresh and build consistency!

@"Cant Get Right" said:

A lot of it had to do with what you said. I started being more confident in my answer choices. This gave me speed, and helped with accuracy I think.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma

The typical understanding is that accuracy decreases as speed increases. If you do it right though, they can move together. Glad things clicked for you on this one, you've taken a huge step forward.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Great! Congrats! I might need a break too...

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

It's so true! I think all of us 7sagers are equipped with the tools to tackle every question on the LSAT - the only problem is the mental fatigue that can cause us to misread a question or miss something simple that leaves us frustrated. Congrats on the 175!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Woohoo! Congrats! I can attest to this. I was so lost after my week off in Colorado but once I finally got back on the wagon I have been so PUMPED! Gonna make this test my biatch :-P

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    For the past week I have been far too busy at work to do any LSAT. This weekend I freaked out when I tried to do an LSAT and could not for the life of me focus....

So I stopped...I did literally nothing but watch terrible horror movies on Netflix (The Void is TERRIBLE), play video games and sleep for two days.

Today I took a timed test - an earlier one (PT 19) - and scored my highest score I have ever scored. This isn't like a small jump either. After bashing my head against the LSAT wall for almost three months non-stop without a break, I scored a 175. I went -0 and -2 in LR for the first time ever. Questions that made me mad before, made sense today. I felt revitalized and confident.

I understand that there is still a TON of work to be done. I also understand that this PT score of 175 is not indicative of what I might actually get come test day.

What it does show me is that our minds need breaks.

I admit it, you guys were right.

@"Cant Get Right"
    @"Alex Divine"

:) That makes me so happy to hear! Congrats