Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keeping everything sharp

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

Hi everyone,

I just moved on to the CC section for LG and i'm wondering how everyone keeps what they just learned from LR fresh? I feel like i'm going to lose what I just learned if I don't practice. Any advice?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

If you've moved onto the games and want to keep LR fresh and keep your groove on it, just drill LR sections every once in a while so you stay on top of it.

It's what you should be doing when you focus heavily on one section too. Like when you move onto RC (assuming you haven't done it yet), you're going to want to still keep up with some LR and LG.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah, i agree with @TheMikey, i make sure to either drill a specific question type or an older LR section, regardless of the days activity. Its more about your speed atrophy than anything else. If youve got the fundamentals down than youll be fine. But your brain is gonna be abit sluggish when it comes to collecting the dots

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@TheMikey said:
    If you've moved onto the games and want to keep LR fresh and keep your groove on it, just drill LR sections every once in a while so you stay on top of it.

It's what you should be doing when you focus heavily on one section too. Like when you move onto RC (assuming you haven't done it yet), you're going to want to still keep up with some LR and LG.

Good to know! This is my first time through the CC so i'm really trying to make sure I don't lose anything i've learned and or the speed to see everything. I'll try to do a section a day or at least hammer on the question types that are hard for me.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:
    Hi everyone,

I just moved on to the CC section for LG and i'm wondering how everyone keeps what they just learned from LR fresh? I feel like i'm going to lose what I just learned if I don't practice. Any advice?

I just try to make sure I do some LR daily. Try to do a section or some drilling each day and you'll be fine! Even if it's only 5-10 questions, I've found that is enough to keep your skills sharp.

• conrad.pconrad.p Member
    edited August 2017 48 karma

You're not supposed to worry about keeping previous sections "fresh" during your initial training phases. You're worried about LR when you're supposed to be worried about LG. After you have mastered each section individually, then you can start taking entire PTs and trying to master all the sections together. Don't get ahead of yourself. This is supposed to be many months, hundreds of hours, of studying. There is plenty of time.

776 karma

This was my exac> @"conrad.p" said:

You're not supposed to worry about keeping previous sections "fresh" during your initial training phases. You're worried about LR when you're supposed to be worried about LG. After you have mastered each section individually, then you can start taking entire PTs and trying to master all the sections together. Don't get ahead of yourself. This is supposed to be many months, hundreds of hours, of studying. There is plenty of time.

This was my exact attitude when I originally took the LSAT - I only pulled off at 154. This was because you naturally retain what you just learned and since I wasn't keeping up with everything, I was forgetting basics. Keeping things fresh has improved my LR score from -11 to -3, along with my LG score from -10 to -5 and less. This was just a thread to get ideas how to keep everything fresh! Thank you though.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

As you complete sections you should be adding layers to what you do. This test is all about building up. What I mean by this is -

You finished LR in the CC.
    You continue doing LR drills/practice as you start LG
    You finish LG in the CC.
    You continue doing LR drills and LG as you start RC.
    You finish RC in the CC.
    You continue doing LR/LG/RC on full tests - and in drills.

This is how you build endurance and keep yourself fresh. You'll be able to spot what fundamentals are slipping, because you keep doing them. Address the issues as the pop-up and keep moving forward.

776 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    As you complete sections you should be adding layers to what you do. This test is all about building up. What I mean by this is -

You finished LR in the CC.
    You continue doing LR drills/practice as you start LG
    You finish LG in the CC.
    You continue doing LR drills and LG as you start RC.
    You finish RC in the CC.
    You continue doing LR/LG/RC on full tests - and in drills.

This is how you build endurance and keep yourself fresh. You'll be able to spot what fundamentals are slipping, because you keep doing them. Address the issues as the pop-up and keep moving forward.

Precisely! I'm going to start/finish each study session with a section (or two) of what i've already learned. Just to keep things fresh until I finish the CC! I'm about 73% along at the moment, so hopefully I finish up soon.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

One thing I do to make sure I touch a little on everything every day is do a warm up just like I'll do on test day before leaving for the test center. I do one game, one RC passage, and a half section of LR. It's a great way to stay fresh and go through some of the earlier material.