Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kate Li or Alex Jones?

Anonymous-2Anonymous-2 Alum Member
edited December 2017 in December 2017 LSAT 25 karma

Who has better journalism ethics?

Comments

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    edited December 2017 861 karma

Lol I needed a laugh

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'm am Alex Jones fan myself. Been listening to his show since 2012, and he's gotten a bit more insane, but entertaining nonetheless. He was also right on a lot of things that people thought were crazy at the time. Ethics wise, I'm not sure I can say between the two since I'm not familiar with Kate Li's journalism.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8699 karma

@"Alex Divine" I started listening to him when he went head to head with Piers Morgan around the end of 2012. I was working on a construction site. Mr. Jones is really one of a kind.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    @"Alex Divine" I started listening to him when he went head to head with Piers Morgan around the end of 2012. I was working on a construction site. Mr. Jones is really one of a kind.

Ahh the infamous Piers Morgan interview! I was heavily involved in the Libertarian movement as well as Young Americans for Liberty in undergrad, so I used to listen to a lot of Alex Jones. One of a kind is very, very accurate, lmao. I listen to him much less now that he seems to have largely left libertarian values behind in order to co-opt the Trump wing of the GOP. I understand that it's helped him become more mainstream and given him a new audience, so I ain't mad at him for that.

You ever see his Joe Rogan Episode #911 podcast with Alex Jones? That's also a very entertaining couple of hours with Alex Jones.

8699 karma

@"Alex Divine" Yeah, I've actually met Eddie Bravo, he was on that episode, super humble guy. I've been following his progress in the jiu jitsu world for the last 12+ years. He is a genius in the jiu jitsu community, he has invented a whole system of some of the most complex moves in BJJ history. Nowadays he's gotten really into flat earth, but even he looks at Alex Jones sometimes and is like "whoa..." lol

That episode was apparently brought up during Alex Jones' custody hearing.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Alex Jones could use Kate Li as an apprentance! Lol she has information that matters to the entire country! And she only cares about her little business...sheesh

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    @"Alex Divine" Yeah, I've actually met Eddie Bravo, he was on that episode, super humble guy. I've been following his progress in the jiu jitsu world for the last 12+ years. He is a genius in the jiu jitsu community, he has invented a whole system of some of the most complex moves in BJJ history. Nowadays he's gotten really into flat earth, but even he looks at Alex Jones sometimes and is like "whoa..." lol

That episode was apparently brought up during Alex Jones' custody hearing.

Also a big Eddie Bravo fan! He is definitely a genius with MMA. I was super bummed about his back being messed up this past year. I was literally listening to Eddie talk to Eric Dubay about flat earth stuff earlier today. They apparently thought Eddie was so nuts with the flat earth stuff they deleted his interview on InfoWars where he was speaking at length about it. It must be a CIA psyop!!

8699 karma

@LSATcantwin can you give me a low resolution summary of who Kate Li is?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited December 2017 13286 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    @LSATcantwin can you give me a low resolution summary of who Kate Li is?

She was our writing topic today haha

Her goals were to become a good journalist and to grow her business.

8699 karma

@LSATcantwin lol, thank you!

• H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member
    204 karma

Kate Li would be very stupid if she doesn't take my advice.

Seriously, sell out to the "fake news" media. An election campaign lasts a year or two. A career lasts a year or thirty.

And for the love of baby Jesus, do not go Info Wars on us.