Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bubbled only ~2/3 of the oval

10bird__10bird__ Member
in General 80 karma

On yesterday’s test, I was stuck between (A) and (C). I originally bubbled in C but realized that A was the correct answer. As time was running out, I hastily erased C and bubbled in only about 60% of A before time was called.

Im pretty confident that A is the correct answer but I was wondering if the scantron machine will process A as my correct answer even if it’s not bubbled in entirely.

Comments

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

I'm not totally sure how the computer works exactly!! But I think that if you clearly circled A over C, and your scantron comes back with C as your chosen answer while A is the credited response, you can definitely dispute it. They will send you a super high-def scanned image of your scantron when you get your results. You can request that your scantron be hand-graded as well. Just as long as C was clearly erased and A was clearly attempted to be bubbled, I think you'll be fine.

I also had a bubble or two that had stray marks or like 70% of it bubbled because I was scrambling after time was called.

Congrats on your take! :)

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I'm not sure that hand grading would help if you didn't completely fill in the bubble. I'm not sure how strictly they enforce it, but they make it pretty clear to fill in the entire bubble.

That being said, you're fine. The percentage that must be filled in is pretty low. I'm not sure the value that the LSAT bubble sheet uses, but other programs I've looked at required close to 30%.

• 10bird__10bird__ Member
    80 karma

Thanks guys!! I feel much more reassured now

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@10bird__ said:
    On yesterday’s test, I was stuck between (A) and (C). I originally bubbled in C but realized that A was the correct answer. As time was running out, I hastily erased C and bubbled in only about 60% of A before time was called.

Im pretty confident that A is the correct answer but I was wondering if the scantron machine will process A as my correct answer even if it’s not bubbled in entirely.

If you filled it in like you described ~60%, you're good to go. I used to be an assistant for a professor during undergrad, and one of my main responsibilities was running test sheets through scantron machines. Every once and a while a student would basically like put dashes or only fill in the bubbles part way. Can't recall there really every being a problem.