Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comp

tmd12tmd12 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 31 karma
Struggling with reading comp, any tips, advice etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• carla36carla36 Alum Member
    9 karma
    I use to struggle immensely with RC, mainly because I would find myself not paying enough attention. I used JY's advice and pretended to be interested in the reading, as in wondering why things happened in the reading, what may come up next, as if I was reading something for pleasure/entertainment.
    Another weird thing I started doing was sort of using a loud "inside my head" voice when reading, sort of like I'm shouting the words to myself. It helped me put emphasis on every word and prevents me from dozing off or letting my mind wander.
  • JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
    194 karma

Thanks, I'll try it. But using a "loud inside my head voice" slows the reading speed down. That "loud inside my head voice was exactly what I was trying to get rid of.

I guess you have to speak fast.

I have vision trouble. My eyes get tired and sometimes my eyes and my brain don't coordinate and I have to back track and read a few words over again.

Thanks for the info.