Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about binding program

stayfoolishstayfoolish Free Trial Member
in General 20 karma
Hi, I would appreciate if anybody could give me more information about the binding program. Do I have to go to a law school if I get admitted through the early binding program?What is the cost of not going after get admitted? Also, is the binding means that I have to finish 3 years in this law school and can't transfer to any other school?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Comments

• stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    edited January 2017 821 karma
    If you apply through ED, it is binding, meaning that you absolutely have to attend that school if you are accepted. Additionally, you must also withdraw your application from all other schools to which you have applied. It's not easy to get out of a binding decision, so I really wouldn't apply through ED unless you are completely certain that it is the school you want to attend. Applying ED can also put you at a disadvantage for scholarship money - a few schools offer large scholarships to ED applicants, and some don't take type of application into consideration when distributing scholarships, but most offer considerably less than RD applicants or none at all. It depends on the school.

I'm not sure if applying ED means that you can't transfer later on. I probably wouldn't recommend it though.
  • stayfoolishstayfoolish Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    @stgl1230 Thanks!!!!!!
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    @xiaodeguo So you are decided to enroll this year while waiting other schools' results?