Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WUSTL vs Vanderbilt?

stayfoolishstayfoolish Free Trial Member
in General 20 karma
Is Vanderbilt a much better choice than WUSTL??Is that worthy of going WUSTL ED round with a 167 lsat?Thanks!!!!!!!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I think choosing which school is best for you is a very personal choice. Of course, ranking matters, but these two are extremely close. So which one feels right for you?
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    I assume your are one of Chinese International students(so am I) from your ID. Think about the job market and social network. Location is also important(Nashville is more countryside) .Check LSN to see the number. Anyway, congrats!!
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    I would say that since these are not top 14 schools, then you should look at the region you want to practice in and try to figure out which one you like more. I think EDing at WashU should depend on what your GPA is. But that's a pretty good LSAT score for WashU.

In the end, it's a personal decision that's not really based on numbers but more so about where you want to practice, where you see yourself most happy, etc. I definitely recommend visiting the schools or talking to administrators before making the decision.
  • stayfoolishstayfoolish Free Trial Member
    20 karma
    @lawschoolstuff16 Thank you! I am thinking of visiting both also!
    20 karma
    @dennisgerrard Yeah I am a Chinese international student. Do you also apply law school this year?
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    @xiaodeguo DM you.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    edited January 2017 3107 karma
    Only ED for a school that you would like to attend and will get a good scholarship. Other then that, it's pretty much never in one's interest to ED since it kills the ability to negotiate for more scholarship money. Wash U hands out a lot of full rides to people with similar LSAT scores, so I'd apply to both schools and try to leverage money. You also have to think about where you want to work; Wash U attorneys tend to stay in St. Louis/Central Illinois area while Vanderbilt grads stay in Tennessee.

I don't know your GPA, but you are above median for a few T14s and above a lot of 25ths. It might be worth it to throw an app at some of the lower T14 since Northwestern's market overlaps a bit with Wash U's (Central Illinois/Chicago). Northwestern also has better national reach if you want some flexibility.
    20 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" Thank you for your information.I definitely want to apply for T14 but I don't think 167 has a good chance to get in. As I am an international student, I don't have GPA and I am not eligible for applying most loans. If I have a 168 LSAT score, then I am pretty sure that I have a good chance to get full ride from Wash U. However, with a 167, I am not confident that Wash U will give full ride, 120000 is possible but I absolutely does not want to pay money to attend this University. That is why I concern the ED program