Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Messing up transferring to answer sheet

goegoe10goegoe10 Alum Member
edited July 2014 in General 56 karma
I'm repeatedly screwing up while transferring my choices to my answer sheet. It's driving me nuts. On my last practice test there were two questions where I had the right answer marked in the test book but the wrong answer on the answer sheet.

The first one I have no explanation for. I clearly circled E in the book but C on the answer sheet. The second one makes a little more sense because I changed the answer in the book but forgot to update the answer sheet.

I'm sitting here like an ass watching videos to figure out how I got these questions wrong only to realize I already had the correct answer. This could be a free 1-2 points on my test. Any advice on how to stop messing up?

Comments

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Really I think it's just practice. I have little experience with these Scantron answer sheets as I major in philosophy so I don't get multiple choice exams, but I no longer screw up my input on my PT's. My first three PT's I made the same mistake as you but I no longer do it at all. When I find the right answer, B for example, I am saying "okay B" in my head as I run my finger to the correct spot on the answer sheet.
  • goegoe10goegoe10 Alum Member
    56 karma
    I wish it was just more practice. This was my 15th preptest though. I do repeat the answer choices in my head, but the problem is that the letters B, C, D, and E all sound the same in my head. I've been transferring answers in groups. I finish two pages of the test (2 pages of LR or 1 game or 1 RC passage) and copy all of the answers. Should I fill in answers 1 question at a time?
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    I ALWAYS do 1 question at a time. That way I answer the question (on my answer sheet) before even looking at the new question.