Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any website recs for trying to find a personal tutor?

in General 103 karma
Hi y'all,
I am looking to hire a personal tutor, and yes I've saved up for it because I know it'll be pricey, but does anyone have any ideas on reliable websites to use to find tutors in your area? Or does everyone who gets a tutor just kinda use craigslist lol?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Not sure about how to go about finding an in person tutor. Something like craigslist or maybe even university/community bulletin boards. Just make sure you see some credentials if you're going to go that route! 7Sage is great for online though: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760 .

I think we all offer free consults too, so you can try before you buy.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @Going2lawlschool make sure you get someone who can actually teach LSAT. A top scorer not necessarily is going to be a good teacher. Take a look at 7Sage list of tutors, some of them used to provide in person tutoring within a specific geographical area. Believe or not usefulness of a tutor also very much depends on your knowledge of LSAT.
  • 103 karma
    wow.. didn't even know 7sage provided this.. is there anything this godly website can't do!? thank you both!
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited January 2017 6866 karma
    Chiming in to say that tutor proficiency should always be priority #1. You should not settle on that simply for an in-person experience. Obviously if you can get both and you prefer in-person tutoring anyway, that's great. But if you have to choose, making the adjustment to remote tutoring is relatively easy compared to breaking bad habits formed by bad tutoring. Don't compromise just so you can sit across a table from someone.
  • 103 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" got it. Yep, after seeing 7sage's list and messaging some folks, i am certainly not opposed to remote tutoring anymore! thank you!