# of PT's for the week before the LSAT

mohsen_nhmohsen_nh Alum Member
in General 84 karma

Hey guys,
I have read here that most people consider taking a PT everyday generally a negative thing for LSAT preparation. Is the reasoning behind it just due to fatigue or are there other reasons?
Am asking cause my plan was to taking a PT each day this week to just get more comfortable with the exam (haven't taken a lot of PT's yet).

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

That would be cramming, which likely won't serve you well. How many PTs have you taken thus far? If it really is that low, and if postponing is out of the question, I'd recommend taking a retake or two to accustom yourself. Definitely don't take a bunch of new PTs the week of the test.

• mohsen_nhmohsen_nh Alum Member
    84 karma

I have taken 7 PT's as of right now. My issue is that my grades are all over the place and am not even sure where I stand, 162-175.

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

Okay, so the issue isn't so much getting accustomed to what it's like taking a PT but gauging where you stand.

From here on, I'm going to assume that you either decided to or legitimately cannot postpone for another test date. If this is the case, you're taking February anyway, so there's no point in gauging your score, unless you want to freak yourself out. Again, assuming you're taking in February no matter what and will not be taking at any later point, you're taking the test whether you're closer to a 162 or 175, so figuring out where you currently lie won't do you much good.

The point of gauging your score range is to determine when to take the test (i.e. whether your current score range consistently satisfies whatever goal you've set for yourself, assuming you have a score-driven goal).

In your case, it seems like you have a time-driven goal; that is, you're taking next week no matter what. In this case, your scores are only good for revealing what answered incorrectly so you can improve upon those mistakes. But the score itself means nothing to you if you're taking regardless.

Taking a PT a week will almost inevitably come with its emotional ups and down, not to mention burnout. Learn as much as you can through thorough review and fine tune your habits and strategies. That's going to give you the best chance for achieving your best.

• mohsen_nhmohsen_nh Alum Member
    84 karma

You make some really good points, thanks!
    Fine tuning and just hoping that I get closer to the upper range is my best bet at this point I guess.
    PS. Yep, I don't have the option to postpone