Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two PTs a week for the February LSAT?

edited January 2017 in February 2017 LSAT 6 karma

Is taking two pretests the week of my actual LSAT too much? I don't want to get burnt out but I feel like the more I take the more prepared I feel. Advice anyone?

Comments

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

I've been lurking on most of the threads since I'm still kind of a newbie but seems like the regulars/pros say it's a bad idea. But with that said, im going to do one probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

• ay_fegetaboutitay_fegetaboutit Alum Member
    116 karma

2/week isn't a bad idea unless it's a change to your routine. Just do what you've been doing.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I actually just commented on this on a different thread, but I think that comment applies directly to your question:

Learning is a natural process which is under no obligation to conform to the artificial construction of the week. So what seems like a better reason to take a PT:

1. You feel like you have learned all the lessons from the last PT, eliminated the weaknesses it exposed, and advanced your ability to succeed on the LSAT.

2. It's Tuesday.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@victoriamanfredonia said:
    Is taking two pretests the week of my actual LSAT too much? I don't want to get burnt out but I feel like the more I take the more prepared I feel. Advice anyone?

I have to agree with @"Cant Get Right" above. I am slow enough going through my PT's and drilling that it's impossible to even have a set schedule. So my focus is always on learning.

For example, if my weakness on my last PT was NA questions and I want to overcome it to a certain level then It might take me a couple of days to do that and this would mean delaying the test. So one lesson I have learned is to make a schedule that's more geared towards what things I need to learn and tailoring my daily schedule to meet that vs. trying to make a schedule based on number of questions to drill or how many PT's I want to take. I mean how can anyone decide how many questions or PT's it will take you to master a concept?

Ultimately you can do 20 PT's or 80 the lessons to learn are basically the same. So why not make a schedule that focuses on that. I rather have you do 1 game a day and learn all the lessons that 20 games and just be lost.