LSAC Superprep 2 Graphs - LR Question Difficulty by Section - PT 62 & 63

twssmithtwssmith Alum
edited August 2017 in Study Guides/Cheat Sheets 5120 karma

A pivotal point to reach higher score bands is to implement skipping strategies and those concepts have helped elevate my score potential. If you can grab the “low hanging” fruit of easy questions, then you can “bank” time to return to the curve breaker questions. However, putting undo pressure on myself to answer the first 10 questions in less than 10 minutes didn’t quite work as I had planned... i.e. PT62 shows that LSAC will throw in level 4/5 questions in the first 10 & have a level 1 question in the midst of a 4/5 stretch which supports the 25 questions in 25 minutes strategy.

The Official LSAT SuperPrep II, LSAC provides a 1-5 ranking of difficulty for every question for PT 62, PT 63 and previously undisclosed PT C2. (will add C2 graph soon)

Hope this helps:)

[Edited to change title]

Comments

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Thanks so much for posting this Tyler! I will say that using skipping strategy has helped me tremendously by giving me a sense of freedom. If I don't get a question at first glance, NBD. I have the confidence now that I will be able to go back and spend more time later. Striving for 25 in 25 has helped too because even if I skip 5 questions, I know that I will still have about two minutes per question later, which is more time that one should spend on LR questions generally. Plus things usually seem easier the second time around.

Don't let the test break your confidence! I have found that you do so much better when you are in control and this is a great way of staying in the driver's seat :)

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    1741 karma

Awesome! Thanks for this!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

thank you for this!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Love it Tyler!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I love seeing this as a graph. Those early 5 stars can really mess us up when we let ourselves get bogged down. Effective and deliberate skipping/pacing strategies are essential to high scorers' performances, and this is maybe the best demonstration of why that's the case that I've seen. Thanks T!

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Check out the difference between the 2 LRs on PT63 - wow!!

http://imgur.com/3cZfsfx

http://imgur.com/kBhLRvV

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Thanks Tyler! This is awesome! I love seeing LSAT data like this :)

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited May 2017 5120 karma

for the analytically inclined :smile: )

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

This is awesome! Thanks, Tyler! I personally hate when the last group of questions are the hardest. But no controlling that.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Just saw this, nice!

PT62's LR1 graph gives me anxiety from 16--22 O_O

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

@TheMikey Naaahhhh, no anxiety - you got it! Recognize when you hit a tough question, skip with no regrets no matter what number it is - LSAC got wise to the 10 in 10 concept:) Remember to breath during a tough stretch - we all have different strengths so skip until you can reset your rhythm of confidence:)