Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of "formal logic" LR questions to practice?

CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
in General 550 karma

Hi all,

Was drilling LR and noticed one of the areas I want to improve on is "formal logic", i.e. Translating into lawgic type questions. I noticed this types of questions most often appear in Must be True, SA and PSA question types. 2 questions:

1) Am I missing any question types where formal logic predominantly appears?

2) Is there a way I can practice only these types of questions? (Like a question bank of something or the sort)

I looked at the 7sage question bank and didn't see anything specifically for formal logic, as it's not a question type. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma

Parallel Method of Reasoning and to a much lesser extent Flawed Parallel Method of Reasoning would be the other bigs ones.

I have nothing for your second question. If anyone would know, it'd be @twssmith

• CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
    550 karma

Thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@danielznelson said:
    Parallel Method of Reasoning and to a much lesser extent Flawed Parallel Method of Reasoning would be the other bigs ones.

I have nothing for your second question. If anyone would know, it'd be @twssmith

Yeah, agree wholeheartedly with this! If I ever find myself using formal logic on LR and diagramming it is a Parallel MOR or Flawed MOR question. Occasionally a pain in the ass MBT with a longer stim comes along, too.

I may also be wrong on this but it seems like the LSAC on the recent years have cut down on the formulaic formal logic questions like S.A. and stuff that used to be gimmes if one could diagram.