Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling Discouraged

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited August 2014 in General 2074 karma
I have been studying for a few months now, since the beginning of May, and I have a solid score of 152 almost every time I take a prep test.
My LG is usually anywhere between 17-20 correct, so I think my LG is fine, but I struggle on the last two sections.
Most specifically, I think I'm struggling in second-guessing myself. I go back and review my answers, and most are from me deciding between two.... but always picking the wrong one. Does anyone else have this problem? Can you guys suggest anything to get me out of this slump? My law school that I'm applying to bases entrance on GPA vs LSAT almost exclusively, so I need a range of 159-165 to "get in".
Help! :(

Comments

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    While you may think that 17-20 correct is good, unless you are given a curve breaker, it is completely possible and realistic to get perfect on your LG sections. On my cold preptest before I stated studying I completed only 8 of the LG sections in time and only got 4 of those correct. I am now consistently getting -1 or -2 on the LG sections; every point counts. For second guessing yourself, during your BR make sure you completely and fully understand why the 4 answer choices are 100% incorrect and the 1 answer choice is 100% correct. You begin to get an understanding of how the LSAT writers word their questions. I struggled with some question types and going through them in the curriculum a second time really helped.

Keep your head up. The LSAT is a conquerable test and you can do it.
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Okay. That is a good suggestion. I will take a longer look at why the incorrect answers are incorrect. :) Thanks for the help.
  • brainwvsbrainwvs Alum Member
    79 karma
    If you are doubting yourself in games you are missing something for sure. It is the only section in lsat where I can say for sure if I got the question right. I started with far worse scores than you and I typically get 0 wrong almost everytime nowadays. Keep on practising!