Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June LSAT to for wait list guidance

kacantolinakacantolina Free Trial Member
in General 85 karma

Hey all!

First, I'd like to thank 7sage for everything it's offered! It's been so invaluable to me. I got into a lot of schools with scholarships I can be pretty happy with.

There's only one thing; I was wait listed at my dream school (Cornell) and I'd really like to make that happen. I've been thinking about taking the June LSAT since I heard the idea, especially since I took the February one and panicked under pressure and ended up with a lot lower of a score than I had been scoring on PTs.

But how does taking the June LSAT work for wait lists? Do you have to let the school know you're going to take the LSAT and notify them when the score comes in? Should you ask the school if they'd even review a June LSAT first? And my biggest worry--if a school somehow sees on your application that you're going to take a June LSAT, do you think they'd deliberately postpone letting you off the waitlist if they might have done it sooner? I'd hate to unnecessarily prolong this process.

Anyway, regardless of what happens with Cornell, I'll be really happy to be attending Emory in the fall with a BIG scholarship that I'm pretty excited about!

Thanks so much for all your help!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@kacantolina said:
    Hey all!

First, I'd like to thank 7sage for everything it's offered! It's been so invaluable to me. I got into a lot of schools with scholarships I can be pretty happy with.

There's only one thing; I was wait listed at my dream school (Cornell) and I'd really like to make that happen. I've been thinking about taking the June LSAT since I heard the idea, especially since I took the February one and panicked under pressure and ended up with a lot lower of a score than I had been scoring on PTs.

But how does taking the June LSAT work for wait lists? Do you have to let the school know you're going to take the LSAT and notify them when the score comes in? Should you ask the school if they'd even review a June LSAT first? And my biggest worry--if a school somehow sees on your application that you're going to take a June LSAT, do you think they'd deliberately postpone letting you off the waitlist if they might have done it sooner? I'd hate to unnecessarily prolong this process.

Anyway, regardless of what happens with Cornell, I'll be really happy to be attending Emory in the fall with a BIG scholarship that I'm pretty excited about!

Thanks so much for all your help!

Notify them they you are taking the June LSAT and see if they consider them. I think Cornell may not. I'm completely unsure though. Either way if you didn't reach you potential then re-take regardless. Especially if Cornell is your dream school. It is also one of mine. I love Ithica and its big law placement rate, haha. Congrats on Emory too!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited April 2017 3112 karma

Hi!

I generally agree with @"Alex Divine". Schools are more receptive when you tell them you plan on improving on a crucial part of your application. I would tell them if you are 100% sure. But if you aren't, I wouldn't. The reason is because it may look bad if you back out.

Retaking while on the waitlist strengthens your chances, especially if you improve a lot. I know some cases of people who did this and got $$$ and even at T6 schools so anything is possible!

Let me know if you have anymore questions!