PT77.S2.Q18 - historian: those who claim that shakespeare

7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
edited April 2017 in Logical Reasoning 166 karma

PT 77, Section 2, #18 Answer Choices C and D. Does "fails to exclude" mean the same thing more or less as "fails to consider"?
I thought "fails to exclude" was incorrect because the author doesn't need to exclude it, he just failed to consider it.
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-77-section-2-question-18/

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Great catch!! It would also be great and appreciated if you could edit your post title to be about PT77 - S2 Q18 to not give away any spoilers for others :smiley:

Yes, answer choice D caught me off guard. But really think about what it is saying:) In a flawed argument the premises do not support the conclusion so if you "fail to exclude" a "specific" aspect in a flawed argument, if descriptively accurate in relation to the argument, then it has to be the correct AC. The world of exclusions failing to be a "possibility" is limitless as long as the AC is relevant to the argument.

Not sure if my explanation clarified it for you but this is a new little LSAC twist that you caught!! Kudos :smiley:

Calling @"Not Ralph Nader" who was with me when I realized what was going on in that AC - maybe he can add more clarity:)