Drilling Logic Games - By type or by PT?

RunawayJuryRunawayJury Alum Member
in Logic Games 143 karma

Hi guys,

Before my first take (February) I drilled Logic Games by type until I had a decent foundation of each type and then began drilling whole LG sections and full PTs.

I am wondering should I do the same approach the second time around? or go straight into writing whole LG sections without wasting time on drilling by type since part of the difficulty is identifying the type of game and drawing your game board immediately?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Seems like a lot of the sages around here recommend drilling by PT, for the exact reason you cited: you want to train your mind to have to recognize game type.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I think when you are learning LG, or anything else on the LSAT, learning by type is most effective. However, once you reach a certain skill level, I don't think you get as much by doing questions by type. I think what you did your first time around sounds about right and would do them by PT using the fool proof method.

• jknaufjknauf Alum Member
    edited April 2017 1741 karma

@RunawayJury said:

or go straight into writing whole LG sections without wasting time on drilling by type since part of the difficulty is identifying the type of game and drawing your game board immediately?

Ahh, sounds like you answered the question for yourself!

There's really not many different types of games. I would drill by section.

• RunawayJuryRunawayJury Alum Member
    143 karma

Thanks for everyone' insight. I think I'm going to go over the curriculum by type briefly and then once I am confident enough in all types I will transition into doing PT sections...