Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking the LSAT

richgittingsrichgittings Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 5 karma
I took the June LSAT, and got a 163. I'm wanting to get into a tier 1 school, so I'm retaking it in Sept. I feel like I am banging my head against a wall with some of the lower down lessons. Is it a bad idea to just skip around?
Clarification: I am usually -1 to -4 in LR, so I think that is fine. I just really need to master LG and RC I think.

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Hey richgittings.. I'm at the same stage as you... I got a 163 in my December LSAT so I'm taking it again now... and from personal experience I find that at this point I have a fair idea of the curriculum so it doesn't affect me much if I skip around... that said, I always skip around according to a meta plan so I will always do some sets of lessons together... hope this helps.
  • CFC152436CFC152436 Alum Member
    284 karma
    Do you feel like you have solid fundamentals? If so, and I imagine you do since you've already done the 7sage course and scored reasonably well on the actual test, then you should probably be drilling LR, RC and LG sections as much as possible. Drill, review, repeat. Over and over again. Helps with speed, accuracy, and confidence. Throw in a full fledged PT every once and a while you'll be all set.
  • richgittingsrichgittings Alum Member
    edited August 2014 5 karma
    Yeah, at least as far as LR goes. I think I would be in the 170 range if I could get LG down to -1 or -2, and RC down to -3 or -4