Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Waitlist, Deferring, etc.

Hi everyone!!

I GOT ACCEPTED TO THE SCHOOL I WANTED AFTER BEING ON THE WAITLIST! Which, is obviously awesome and I'm very excited. However, I already accepted a 1 year leadership position with AmeriCorps because I got nervous about not hearing back for a while. Also, this is an awesome position I genuinely want.

They offered me scholarship money, but not very much at all...I COULD make it work financially, but I would have to take out a LOT of loans. I applied kind of late in the cycle, and that could be why. Also, I know that I didn't reach my full potential with the LSAT yet, but I was in a rush to take it and just get enough to get in because I didn't know what I was going to do the next year and that was scary. I want to if at all possible defer my enrollment, but I am unsure if they will allow me to do that. If so, I guess I will decline and apply for early admission next cycle. If I do this, I will re-take the LSAT and hopefully get a better score. My question is, has anyone experienced anything like this before? If I don't accept, and cite money as the main reason, and re-apply, will that affect my chances of getting in again? When I do this, should I call the admissions office, visit them, or email them? I'm just so darn grateful to get in I really don't want to mess this up! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• dgr3934dgr3934 Alum Member
    4 karma

I am still waiting for a decision on my law school application. Is this a good or bad sign?