Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternating between newer and older PTs

Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
edited August 2014 in General 810 karma
I've been following the chronological order of PTs set out in the 7Sage syllabus in preparation for the September exam. So far, I've written PTs 36-46 with an average score of 174. However, I've seen a number of comments on the forum suggesting that the newer PTs (60+) are significantly harder than the older ones, particularly when it comes to LR. With this in mind, I'm considering alternating between newer and older PTs to ensure that my scores aren't being distorted by easier tests.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Will using up newer PTs now hurt me as test day approaches?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
    135 karma
    I'm writing the September exam as well, and I've actually taken the same PTs as you have since starting with 7sage. Before I joined 7sage I took 10 of newer exams, with a far lower average score. I'm hoping that the difference in scores can be accounted for by my level of preparation, as I was far less prepared in June than I am now. I'm going to start taking the newest tests from here on out. I would recommend that you do the same. I'm sure the newest tests are the best representation of what the September exam will look like for us.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    Thanks for the input, @carreno.kate!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2014 3438 karma
    Drawing from my experience of having written the exam before and prepared for it, at this point, I think that you are in perfect position to do the tests sequentially... because there are more than 6 weeks before the exam and you will be solving all those PT's anyway. However, if you do decide to alternate, try and keep the latest 3 PTs for last and make sure you have enough time to do proper BR.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    Thanks, @Nilesh S!