Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notes from Sage Josh's (Cant Get Right) "After CC" Webinar?

J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
in General 575 karma

Did anyone take notes for @"Cant Get Right"'s webinar about what to do after you finish the CC? I'm just finishing going through the CC again and want to begin taking PTs soon, but I really wanted to follow the "phases" of study outlined in this webinar. Unfortunately, it's not up in the webinar section and I forgot to take notes when I attended :(

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2017 10774 karma

I have something better : )

Phase 1:
    If your average Blind Review score is at or below your target score, you are in phase one.
    Your Blind Review score is your maximum potential. If your maximum potential does not exceed your goal, your first task must be to increase that potential.

Task: master fundamentals

Action:
    Take Practice Test
    Blind Review it
    Analyze the Results
    Create a study plan
    Study

To study:
    Return to the curriculum
    Write out concise summaries in your own words
    Work problem sets
    Drill
    Compile lists of notes, tips, strategies, and realizations
    Ask questions!

Drills:
    Timed and Untimed
    Untimed drills to achieve understanding.

Concern: Overconfidence Errors
    Not only did you miss a question, you didn’t even have any idea you were wrong.

Phase 2:
    When your average BR score from your last five PTs exceeds your target score, you are in phase two.
    You now have the theoretical potential to achieve your goal. You have the necessary grasp of the fundamentals, and you must now learn how to execute that understanding effectively.

Concern:
    Under confidence Error: An under confidence error is what happens when you knew the answer and you didn’t roll with it.

Study:
    Return to the curriculum
    Write out concise summaries in your own words
    Drill
    Compile lists of notes, tips, strategies, and realizations
    Answer questions!

Drills:
    Full Section, Timed Drills
    Video Drills with Review
    Confidence Drills
    Repeats
    Fool Proofing

Phase 3:
    When your average PT score from your last five PTs exceeds your target score, you are in phase three.
    You have the necessary grasp of the fundamentals, and you know how to execute that understanding effectively.
    There are still important improvements to make, but it’s time to start thinking about registering for the real thing.

Study:
    Be your own resource for broad concepts.
    Drill
    Look for broad lessons in the specifics
    Answer questions!

I hope this helped <3

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

Yes! Thank you!

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

@Sami Thanks so much!

10774 karma

No problem. But I just did a copy and paste. It's still @"Cant Get Right" 's work. lol

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

New webinar coming soon, so keep an eye out!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

YES!! Very much looking forward to it now that I'm further along in my prep and have a lot more to get out of it then the first time :)

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

Yes! I'm in the same boat @"Alex Divine"

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Thanks for sharing @Sami

• calftempcalftemp Free Trial Member
    121 karma

Thanks for sharing! For those in Phase 2, what is a confidence drill and how do you drill for that? Could someone please elaborate on the types of drilling (in general) for Phase 2? Thanks!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited May 2017 9372 karma

Thank you for sharing this, @Sami!

@"Cant Get Right" said:

I look forward to it!!

10774 karma

@calftemp said:
    Thanks for sharing! For those in Phase 2, what is a confidence drill and how do you drill for that? Could someone please elaborate on the types of drilling (in general) for Phase 2? Thanks!

Hey so confidence drills are those that you try to do a section under time but instead of moving on from the question whenever you usually do, you move on from it as soon as you think even 80% you have the right answer. Then you decrease that certainty to 70% and keep decreasing it till you start seeing your score drop. Then you know the one right before is your correct confidence level before you should move on from a question. This helps in not wasting valuable time at questions and makes you realize that you have better understanding than you think you do.

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

It is great! @Sami

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@Sami @"Cant Get Right" this is awesome THANK YOU!!