LR pattern recognition - improvement

fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member

Hi all,

I just did a full-simulated LR section and scored -5. I missed #2 so I feel like I missed a big opportunity there. I haven't finished going through the curriculum. I take the September LSAT.

What's it going to take to get that number down to -3 or better on every.single.section? Could this be a pattern recognition issue or just more practice?

I feel -3 or less is a good goal because LR and RC are nearly impossible to score perfect consistently because of the varying nature.

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2017 10774 karma

@fmihalic2 said:
    Hi all,

I just did a full-simulated LR section and scored -5. I missed #2 so I feel like I missed a big opportunity there. I haven't finished going through the curriculum.

I definitely think you should finish the core-curriculum. You don't have to do all drills but you should at least have knowledge of all topics otherwise how will you know what to do for some things?

What's it going to take to get that number down to -3 or better on every.single.section? Could this be a pattern recognition issue or just more practice?

It could be either or both or could be a host of other things like section strategy, knowledge issue, how you eliminate answer choices, etc. Only you can answer what the issue is because you are the one who currently has the knowledge of where exactly you are going wrong. If you don't know I would try to write down during blind review your hypothesis about why you missed that question. Did you not have a proper 2nd round to come back to it? Were you over confident? etc. In my opinion each section has at least 3 hard questions which require 2 min to answer them correctly, so a proper second round where you have enough time to come to them is essential.

I feel -3 or less is a good goal because LR and RC are nearly impossible to score perfect consistently because of the varying nature.

I think this a great goal -3 or less on both sections combined is where you want to be.