Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Perfect Score Watch allowed on test day?!

dsixt002dsixt002 Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma

I found this watch on Amazon that says LSAT perfect score watch and wanted to know if this was allowed on the exam. I'd attach a picture if I could.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited May 2017 11542 karma

Yup it's allowed. Basically any non digital/electronic watch is allowed in.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yes, indeed! :)

• dsixt002dsixt002 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Thank you!!

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

One thing you may want to consider when purchasing a watch is the time reset feature. Most watches require that you pull out the little knob to rewind time back to the 35 minutes sign (noon). If your LSAT proctor quickly transitions between sections, you may find yourself flustered trying to reset your watch in time. The actual time lost is very small, but it can cause emotional distress, which can impact you on the test. Some of the fancier LSAT watches have a button that you can press to instantly reset time after each section. These watches may cost you an extra $20-30, but that is really nothing compared to the possible impact of a top score. Many top scorers have found that this feature does not really matter much, but it is something to think about. Good luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2017 23929 karma

I will add that the pin to reset it is a a pain in the ass to pull out. Maybe he's because m short nails... damn anxiety. I actually have a barely used one. Maybe I'll raffle or give it away!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    • a pain to move out * Wouldn't met me edit on my TTT phone lol
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

@"Alex Divine" Yeah, I have the same problem because of my short nails. Also, my watch pin sometimes gets stuck, which is the last thing you want on test day!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    @"Alex Divine" Yeah, I have the same problem because of my short nails. Also, my watch pin sometimes gets stuck, which is the last thing you want on test day!

Yeah, that pin is sticky and it just a contingency I don't want to deal with on test day. I've been using a cheap Casio JY recommended for like $10 or something and it's got an adjustable bezel and it's just less hassle. At least in my opinion.

The 180 watches were decent by this past year I've heard nothing but problems with them and they are certainly not worth 70 bucks.... lol

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

I've been using the perfect score watch for nearly the entire time I've been studying. I'm using the proctor part of the 7Sage app on my prep tests to get used to a voice booming out at me for the last five minutes, etc. From what I've noticed, the 7Sage proctors transitions between sections very quickly. The first few times it really flustered me trying to transition sections and reset my perfect score watch. But in all honesty, after one or two practice tests using the proctor and the watch in combo (instead of just the watch) I got used to it. If you're anything like me, all it takes is to practice a few times with the proctor to get over the "yikes! I haven't reset my watch yet! Don't start!!" moment.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Katharine said:
    I've been using the perfect score watch for nearly the entire time I've been studying. I'm using the proctor part of the 7Sage app on my prep tests to get used to a voice booming out at me for the last five minutes, etc. From what I've noticed, the 7Sage proctors transitions between sections very quickly. The first few times it really flustered me trying to transition sections and reset my perfect score watch. But in all honesty, after one or two practice tests using the proctor and the watch in combo (instead of just the watch) I got used to it. If you're anything like me, all it takes is to practice a few times with the proctor to get over the "yikes! I haven't reset my watch yet! Don't start!!" moment.

YES! That's why I love this watch with the rotating bezel! https://www.amazon.com/Casio-MRW200H-7EV-Sport-Resin-Watch/dp/B005JVP0FU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431715673&sr=8-3&keywords=analog+watch+casio

• Clementine_ESClementine_ES Free Trial Member
    59 karma

I just got the Perfect score watch but I am confused about whether it is allowed still? Is it a chronograph watch? If it is, i don't think it's allowed anymore.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited August 2017 4196 karma

accidental dup post

4196 karma

@"ella.salvator" said:
    I just got the Perfect score watch but I am confused about whether it is allowed still? Is it a chronograph watch? If it is, i don't think it's allowed anymore.

Perfect score is allowed. Mastermind and 180 watch aren't

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    edited August 2017 2983 karma

I really wanted that MM watch, too :disappointed:. My Casio will have to lead me to the promised land.

4196 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    I really wanted that MM watch, too :disappointed:. My Casio will have to lead me to the promised land.

I just recently got one from a buddy. At least I didn't pay for mine, but still, I was excited to have one... lol LSAC sucks, seriously the do..

11542 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"ella.salvator" said:

Yeah because that makes so much sense. >_>

4196 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@TheMikey said:

@"ella.salvator" said:

For a company who deals with a logic test they really lack good reasoning for the shit they do...

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

I just recently got one from a buddy. At least I didn't pay for mine, but still, I was excited to have one... lol LSAC sucks, seriously the do..

The Man is always tryna keep us down. WE WILL OVERCOME! #prepandpray

11542 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Sprinkles said:

@TheMikey said:

@"ella.salvator" said:

For a company who deals with a logic test they really lack good reasoning for the shit they do...

@Freddy_D said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

The Man is always tryna keep us down. WE WILL OVERCOME! #prepandpray

You guys are hilarious :joy:

4196 karma

I turned myself into an LSAT watch morty!

11542 karma

@TheMikey said:

Big reveal!!!!

4196 karma

@Sprinkles said:

@TheMikey said:

Big reveal!!!!

I'M LSAT WATCH RICKKKKKKKKKK

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Sprinkles said:

@TheMikey said:

Big reveal!!!!

I'M LSAT WATCH RICKKKKKKKKKK

:joy: HAHAHA!

• jagerbom79jagerbom79 Alum Member
    23 karma

Is the Perfect Score watch still allowed? Thanks! -sorry couldnt find a more recent thread to comment on.

• mrbuttonsmrbuttons Alum Member
    edited July 2018 179 karma

@jagerbom79 said:
    Is the Perfect Score watch still allowed? Thanks! -sorry couldnt find a more recent thread to comment on.

I believe they are fine as long as it has a bezel. They have a thing against simply pressing a button to reset it like the 180 watch. Don't quote me on this though =)

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I don’t > @mrbuttons said:

@jagerbom79 said:

Unfortunately they changed policy recently and no longer allow it...
    https://www.manhattanprep.com/lsat/blog/2017/09/14/lsat-watches-banned-lsac/

Sh*t!! Praying for chill proctors and bringing a backup watch just in case. I strugggle to like follow exactly what time it is with regular watches.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think perfect score watchis allowed, but there were reports of some proctors taking it away anyway. ::shrug:: Proctors can be weird and inconsistent.

The Casio with the rotating bezel is generally going to be a safer bet. I believe they consider a watch that re-sets with the click of a button to be a stopwatch (or chronograph? It’s weird). If you have to re-set it by pulling a pin out and turning it, should be fine. But every once in a while a proctor takes away a specialized LSAT watch anyway. (I really, really wish they could get the proctors to be consistent so we’d all know!)

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited July 2018 2689 karma

Honestly? I just started my watch at the hour, and wound that sucker forward or backwards between sections to the top of the hour again, and then started it when they said turn the page and begin. Cheap o' $10 watch from Walmart with big clear numbers. Worked great. Nobody would ever take it away either.
    Better safe than sorry. I also practiced using that watch.

• jagerbom79jagerbom79 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 23 karma

Thanks all! This was my understanding as well. Thats its allowed but some proctors dont know any better and make rash decisions. I took in December and that was the case, but I am taking July though and stupidly only thought about this being a potential issue yesterday haha. In my december exam, I was fine with my perfect score but I think a girl got her testmasters watch taken in another room. So silly